- Julie Riddell – BA (Hons) RGN NDNCert Asthma Dip Family Planning Cert
- Kate Townend – RGN RM Family Planning Cert Asthma
- Julie Hall – RGN RM Asthma Dip Family Planning Cert
- Anita Rumbol – RGN RM Asthma Dip Family Planning Cert
- Helen Chang – Phlebotomist/ Healthcare Assistant
- Alison Hutchins – RGN
In recent years nursing has taken on a more progressive role within general practice and the surgery employs a number of nurses who provide a wide range of patient services, including cervical smears, childhood vaccinations, family planning, travel vaccination and advice and well woman / man checks.
Patients who require nursing care and are housebound due to illness or infirmity, are seen by a nurse from the district nursing team. District nurses are registered nurses, specially trained to provide high standards of care in the community and work closely with practice clinicians in carrying out a variety of treatments including dressings, injections, general and terminal nursing, advice and support.
District nurses are not employed by the practice but by the local Primary Care Trust (PCT) and adhere to the PCT’s policies and procedures.
Contact the district nursing team by telephoning them on (0118) 949 5083 between 9.00am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday or at other times via the out of hours service.
- Dru Towend